You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Masters Passing Average on Tests  (Read 1408 times)

Offline sk8tergirl

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 0
Masters Passing Average on Tests
« on: May 16, 2015, 08:02:29 AM »
Hi!  :) When I tested for Bronze MITF, I was asked if I was testing as a "regular adult" or as a "master" (over 50) because that has a lower passing average. I was wondering, does this just apply to the Adult Tests or does it carry on into the Standard Tests if an adult wants to test Intermediate and higher? Also, does it just apply to MITF or to Freestyle as well?

Offline saje

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 7
Re: Masters Passing Average on Tests
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »
There are adult and master standards for the Intermediate-Senior MITF tests.  I didn't see anything in the rulebook about freestyle tests.

Just so you know, US Figure Skating makes their rulebook available online for free.  You can find it here: http://www.usfsa.org/content/2013-14%20Rulebook%20For%20Printer%2007-05-13.pdf
Current Skating Projects:
-Intermediate MITF (still...)
-Double toes + double loops
-Getting my camel back

Offline sk8tergirl

• Under the Edge
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:49:57 PM »
Thanks for the info! I am glad that it at least applies to the MITF. Something to shoot for.  :)

Offline Doubletoe

• Three-Penny Three-Turns
  • Total GOE: 139
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:57:04 PM »
Yeah, it really wouldn't make a lot of sense to have masters standards on freestyle tests because they are really about whether or not the skater was able to complete the elements, not how well the skater did them.  You can't really say a skater passed a freestyle test where a double lutz was required if the skater under-rotated it by half a revolution, making it technically *not* a double lutz.  It's the quality level that allows a lower passing average for masters (and adults) on the MIF tests.

Offline sk8tergirl

• Under the Edge
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 06:55:39 AM »
Oh! Yes, that makes sense.  :)