You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: How to keep up skatingsafe knee pads?  (Read 8679 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: How to keep up skatingsafe knee pads?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 11:45:23 AM »
Haven't thought about taping... Was actually considering slightly sewing in the end of pants to form a pocket, plus stick-on velcro near the top of knee pad / hip pad. I think I'll stick with capri :)

Those are good ideas too. If I ever lose 50lb I'll need to think about them.  There's also biking leg warmers if you have really fit legs (I don't). But if I ever lose 50lb and get really fit legs this is the way I'm going.

PS. I have one of the skating safe elbow pads and it got a split in it. I gotta say, those pads are sticky on the inside (and  still work). Just not willing to cut into a knee pad to find out.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: How to keep up skatingsafe knee pads?
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:10 PM »
A week and half into the new solution I am fairly happy! The little pockets held knee pads securely enough that I didn't feel any bouncing even in jumping, no velcro needed.

I glued velcro hooks on the top of hip pads and the capri pants' waistband serves as loops already. Had to use stronger glue to make sure velcro stays on pads. It works for me, not moving but drags down the pants a bit - need pants in smaller size... Overall satisfactory though!