You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skate Repair Seoul, South Korea  (Read 2053 times)

Offline Sk8Lady82

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
Skate Repair Seoul, South Korea
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:58:09 AM »
I moved to Seoul 3 summers ago with my now husband. We were limited on space and weight so my skates were shipped over because I didn't see needing them the first few months I was here. I have recently decided to get back on the ice but when I pulled out my skates I discovered the shipping heat and lack of use has resulted in needing to have them re heat molded. They are down right uncomfortable to even lace up. My foot size hasn't changed any but the heel and ankle area is agonizing. Does anyone know of a good skate shop in Korea that can reheat them for me as well as restore the blades? I have an old pair of phantoms that I love but they need some tlc.

Thank you!

PS- I have looked at what the great google has given me and the one pro-shop I found listed didn't have the heater to bake the skates and wouldn't sharpen non-recreational figure skate blades.

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
Re: Skate Repair Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 05:33:08 AM »
No direct help, sorry, but lucky you to be in Seoul!  If there's a skate shop anywhere, it'll be there.  Where are the skating clubs?  Perhaps you can find some insight (and new friends!) from them?

Good luck!  What a great adventure you're on, hope you can get back on the ice soon.

Offline Sk8Lady82

• Rink Rat
  • Total GOE: 0
Re: Skate Repair Seoul, South Korea
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
I posted this a couple weeks ago and in hopes of helping others thought I would come back and follow up. (You know in case someone else finds themselves in Korea.) With the Winter Olympics coming in 2018 I would guess you will see some pick-up.

For the best sharpening I have found check out Mokdong Rink. Figure/Hockey skates are 7,000 won to sharpen. Professional level figure skates are 10,000 won. Speed skates are 20,000. The guy who runs the sharpening shop also does blade repair.

If you need new boots, blades, or boot repair and need skates above basic skills you will want to talk to the guy here --> http://figureskate.co.kr/main/index.php

He speaks some English and is about an hour and a half by train out of the city. He does take appointments but I can't speak for how good a job he does on a punch out. My first appointment with him personally is next week.

So if you find this post months or years from now you will have a starting point.