You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Para-Olympics skating in 2018 possibly  (Read 2232 times)

Offline jbruced

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 5
Para-Olympics skating in 2018 possibly
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
Looks like inclusiveskating.org is working on getting figure skating in to the 2018 winter para Olympic games. Apparently the IJS makes it easier to judge the skating for those athlete. The system has been tested twice with reports being made to the ISU.

I have been able to watch only a little of the winter para Olympic games. Got to watch the sled hockey for a little bit and then saw some of the mens and the womens biathalon competitions. The sled hockey looked fun. The biathalon was impressive to me. We did not get to see the skiing events.

I hope inclusive skating is sucessful in getting into 2018 games.

Offline taka

• Kid Magnet
  • Total GOE: 67
Re: Para-Olympics skating in 2018 possibly
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:36:58 PM »
Inclusive skating are holding their 3rd competition soon - this time in Iceland! Several kids from my rink took part in the 1st 2 and loved it.

Offline Schmeck

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 13
Re: Para-Olympics skating in 2018 possibly
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:34:21 PM »
So they've had 3 comps, and they get to become an Olympic sport, (even though it's para) and still no synchro? Synchro has IJS as well, an international level already, and years of competitions. Hmmph.

ETA - missed the part where where OP stated 'working on' for 2018. Doesn't it have to be an exhibition sport first?