You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: AgnesNitt is BACK!!  (Read 5568 times)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
AgnesNitt is BACK!!
« on: September 22, 2022, 06:45:38 PM »
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Re: AgnesNitt is BACK!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 07:13:05 PM »
Congratulations on getting back on the ice! 3 years is a long time, I'm glad you're fine now!

Online Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Total GOE: 369
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 07:27:04 PM »
We wondered where you were! Glad to see you back!

That made my day!
Bill Schneider

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 04:54:37 AM »
Yay AgnesNitt!!!!  I missed you!!!!!  Glad you're back.  Off to read the blog now .

Offline AlbaNY

• Kid Magnet
  • Total GOE: 128
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 08:16:22 AM »
Hi!!!!   

Your blog was my favourite thing to read for the longest time.  I am so glad to hear you are back on the ice!!!  That's wonderful, and I look forward to your posts.   :)

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 09:09:03 AM »
 :toppts:
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Query

• Total GOE: 113
    • mgrunes.com
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »
Glad you are back!

Take care.

Offline axelwylie

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 131
  • Passed Adult Gold Freestyle - Jan 2014
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 09:53:27 AM »
Welcome back!
Join my Skating Fridays blog posts at www.eva-bakes.com

Online Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 02:51:03 PM »
OK, Agnes...you can't just post one time that you are back and then disappear again!

Let's hear from you often like the old days.
Bill Schneider

Offline AlbaNY

• Kid Magnet
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »
OK, Agnes...you can't just post one time that you are back and then disappear again!

Let's hear from you often like the old days.

Agreed. We're waiting.   ;D
(No pressure intended, just happy to see you return!)

Offline LunarSkater

• Wearing Evelyn Kramer's Coat
  • Total GOE: 210
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »
Glad you're back!

Offline AgnesNitt

• The ice doesn't care
Re: AgnesNitt is BACK!! AGAIN!!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2023, 10:29:16 PM »
It's taken me this long to get my basic skills back, so I haven't been posting.   Just this week I've finally got my crossovers. Yes, it's taken me almost a year. I've had so many minor surgeries on my feet just to remove corns, and then recovery for a 1 or 2 weeks I've had to get over my timidity factor every time I get back on my ice.. However I've really built up my stamina, So you can say I'm not a quitter.  So I've been plugging away session after session in Adult Skate (amusingly I'm the only repeat skater in the session). I can pretty much do all the 'adult' skills, but until now the crossovers just weren't there, Finally, this week they finally they clicked (even though next week I have to have YET ANOTHER corn removed-this time on very end of my 2nd toe  and it's the very worst. But I was able to skate crossovers even with that bastard of a corn, so my timidity is gone.

All I've got left to relearn is back cross and 3s, and surprisingly, I don't feel timid about back cross. I rather miss them. And I can do 2 foot 3s, even back 3s.And I can do my alternating spins still , no problems.

Feeling really good about making progress at last.

Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline AlbaNY

• Kid Magnet
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2023, 06:04:45 AM »
AgnesNitt! 

It’s good to see a post from you!
I’m sorry about how you must feel like you are kind of starting over from scratch having done so much more previously, but your way of writing and reading about your abilities when skating are something that helped me get into skating as an adult too.  I learnt so much from your blog. 

It’s totally awesome that you are still spinning both ways.  Spins are usually the harder thing, I think, so that is particularly cool.

I also spin and jump both ways, but I don't think I could even do either in my usual direction after such a long break!  That’s pretty amazing.  Let’s put it this way, my Olympian coach hasn’t been spinning so well last I saw, due to lack of practice.  A LOT less of lack of practice than you can claim, and just in one direction.  Be proud, because what you do is pretty cool. :)

I hope you keep posting and that you keep skating and enjoying it!  Post even about the regaining of basics, please?  It can help others a lot, and you write in a fun and lovely way. 

All the best with your next surgery,  Ouch!

Online Bill_S

• Over the Edge
  • Whack! Bam! Ouch!
    • Bill's skating pages
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2023, 12:12:37 PM »
Agnes,

It's good hearing from you!

My surgeries have taken a toll too. But unlike me, you are still skating. Major kudos for that!

Bill Schneider

Offline AgnesNitt

• The ice doesn't care
I am now in Kids FUNdamentals 4, with 3 other adults and 10-12 kids
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2024, 04:20:11 PM »
Fun with rink Learn to Skate schedules, For some reason the rink decided to to have a Basic Adult class- and graduate the adults once they learn to "stop" into Basic Intermediate. Those of us who are in Basic Intermediate, Adult 4 and above level (I'm back at Adult5/6 again) get to futz around in Basic Intermediate with Basic warm up skills. The coach is very nice about it, it's not her fault. Anyway the score in this class is two adults at 4/5/6, and ten adults who can stop. 
There's then practice Ice for 30 minutes.
Then I and the other adult 4/5/6 skater, join the Basic Skill 4 kids class where the score is now: 5 adults , and 8,000,001 little kids. Okay, 10-12 kids. Little short kids. all looking up to me scaring the (blocked) out me . They're fast, beneath my eyeline, and have the attention span of small kids and there's now 17 people in hockey cirlce. This is all the fear I feel in my life-some little kid is going to slam into me and I'm going to crush him.
And I can tell you  who that kid is: a fearless 8 year old boy who takes magnificent falls and gets up, and moves forward without looking for other people. Did I say he was fearless. Great hockey player someday. Right now, he's a missile with my name in his sights. Fortunately, he's wearing a bright color and when he's headed my way, I can dodge. His mother's in the class too, and I tell her I'm terrified of little kids, she has 2 kids on the ice and just laughs at me. Bless her.

The coach is a sweetheart. I'm still the strongest adult skater, and my edges an body position are a glory to behold, so  I guess they'll let me come back next week.

Remember the unmentioned coach of Adult Beginner? No? The one who kicks the adults out once they can stop? On the last day of class, I feel mean enough to join his class and just do alternating t-stops just to show him what a REAL STOP is!

Offline AgnesNitt

• The ice doesn't care

Offline AlbaNY

• Kid Magnet
Re: I am now in Kids FUNdamentals 4, with 3 other adults and 10-12 kids
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 06:11:55 PM »
Then I and the other adult 4/5/6 skater, join the Basic Skill 4 kids class where the score is now: 5 adults , and 8,000,001 little kids. Okay, 10-12 kids. Little short kids. all looking up to me scaring the (blocked) out me . They're fast, beneath my eyeline, and have the attention span of small kids and there's now 17 people in hockey cirlce. This is all the fear I feel in my life-some little kid is going to slam into me and I'm going to crush him.
And I can tell you  who that kid is: a fearless 8 year old boy who takes magnificent falls and gets up, and moves forward without looking for other people. Did I say he was fearless. Great hockey player someday. Right now, he's a missile with my name in his sights. Fortunately, he's wearing a bright color and when he's headed my way, I can dodge. His mother's in the class too, and I tell her I'm terrified of little kids, she has 2 kids on the ice and just laughs at me. Bless her.

The coach is a sweetheart. I'm still the strongest adult skater, and my edges an body position are a glory to behold, so  I guess they'll let me come back next week.

Remember the unmentioned coach of Adult Beginner? No? The one who kicks the adults out once they can stop? On the last day of class, I feel mean enough to join his class and just do alternating t-stops just to show him what a REAL STOP is!

You have me giggling so much.  I love your writing style!
So glad you are back, and I can’t wait to read more.

One time in LTS I was in a pack of 4 & 5 year olds after their lesson for my advanced class warm up half hour.  I was doing something and some tiny boy was suddenly in my path.  He had the fear of death in his eyes, I was sure I’d crush him.  Thankfully I did the opposite of limbo over him before my fall.  I was sure an angry parent would be after me, but I was lucky. 
That kid saw his life pass before his eyes. 

Offline AgnesNitt

• The ice doesn't care
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2024, 01:17:57 PM »
A kid skated into me so hard, that I couldn't stop the fall. The only way I could keep from crushing him, was to grab his arm and push him to ice so I could fall--but not on him.

The skating director smiled at me "Good, he needs to learn not to skate into adults"