You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: USFSA Adult Competition Series  (Read 2617 times)

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
USFSA Adult Competition Series
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:15:11 PM »
US Figure Skating is organizing an competition series for lower-level Adult skaters this season.  (2017-18 - must be 18 or older by 7/1/2017)  This is for adult skaters in the lower levels - Adult 1-6, Pre-Bronze and Bronze. Athletes have to register ($20 annual fee) prior to entering a competition in the series.  (Otherwise, you won't get the points credited towards your total.)

All three Adult Sectional Championships will offer these events as part of the new series.  No statement has been made about the Adult Championships.

Contact Lisa Landon, National Vice Chair - Adult Compete USA & Nonqualifying Competitions to request that your Compete USA or nonqualifying competition be included in the Adult Competition Series. Series hosts must offer all listed event levels in the Adult Competition Series for Compulsory Moves and Free Skate/Programs.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/story?id=90613
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline pegasus99

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: USFSA Adult Competition Series
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »
I have to wonder how many of the Basic Skills Comps that offer events for Adults in these levels will sign on to be a part of this. Currently it feels like Adult Events at Basic Skills and other nonqual comps are just "add-ons" and adults get their well-balanced and that's about it.

I'm going to ask if our home rink will be a part of this series, but I really doubt it. And we're really supportive of adults, too.