You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Does anyone remember from the Olympics one year???  (Read 1228 times)

Offline rosereedy

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 6
Does anyone remember from the Olympics one year???
« on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:59 PM »
There was a guy that skated in the Olympics one year that represented some crazy country.  When he got out there, he did all singles but you could tell he was just so proud to just be there.  I can't remember what year it was but my coach was telling me about it over the weekend.  It had to be in the 2000's time frame.  She said she remember watching it and thinking "good for you!!!" and so many people made fun of him.  Does anyone remember this?  If so, who was it?

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
Re: Does anyone remember from the Olympics one year???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »
I don't know about a guy, but I've seen a lady from Mexico skate internationally and it was the same thing. I think Elvis Stojko may have been her coach.

Let me say she only had singles, but they were beautiful big graceful solid singles, with wonderful interesting choreography, and she had great presentation skills. She also had the second prettiest costume I have ever seen.  She came in last, but it was still a good program. I'm not going to be snarky like someone over on FSU cause she was good, just not good enough to place.  I've seen a lot of elites with all their triples who didn't have her presentation and edge skills.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline rosereedy

• Defrosting Da Toes
  • Total GOE: 6
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 01:38:40 PM »
Agnes, do you remember who she was?  I like to see if I can find her skating.  I'd like to see her.  I really wish someone knew who this guy skater was though.  I am starting to think she was either dreaming or watched some other big tv skating event that wasn't the Olympics.

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:56:56 PM »
Honestly, I've looked for the video on youtube and can't find it. She was from Mexico, the music was Latin, and she wore  a lovely modest red costume. It wasn't the Olympics though.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/