You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: pre-paid ice costs  (Read 4773 times)

Offline blue111moon

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 34
Re: pre-paid ice costs
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
My rink does not offer public freestyle sessions any more.  There is only the public sessions, which are cheap but crazy-crowded or USFS club ice which is $17 per hour pre-paid in 11-week sessions.  It sounds expense but it's actually a 60-minute hour so it's actually the same cost as the $14/40-minute freestyle sessions that the rink used to offer.  Plus, the sessions are not crowded, the club has a music system and a jump harness that aren't allowed on the rink sessions and the rules of ice ettiquete are enforced so the sessions are pleasant and productive.

Skating is expensive.   Unfortunately, I think a lot of parents look at the cost first and then switch their kids to soccer.

Offline alejeather

• Ice Tourist
  • Total GOE: 23
Re: pre-paid ice costs
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
Where I skate, all the rinks charge about $90 for 10 entries to 40-45 min freestyle sessions. Drop-in rates are around $11. But many of the rinks don't expire the stickers or punch cards so if you think you'll ever be back, go for the pre-paid ones.

One rink where I regularly skate publics sells a punch card for 15 public sessions for $90. It works out to $6 a session which is 25% off the regular price of $8.
"Any day now" turned out to be November 14, 2014.