You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Spiderman skating?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline sampaguita

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 44
Spiderman skating?
« on: July 04, 2012, 10:35:53 PM »
So...I can imagine Spiderman skating, complete with unitard and mask, doing crossovers, flying camels, and double axels. I think he would look great, especially given his flexibility! :D

I wonder if there are any shows like this, like "Marvel on Ice" or "DC on Ice" or something. I think it would be really fun.

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Spiderman skating?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:55:11 PM »
Our spring show last year had two spider man programs. The trio was the highlight of the show, featuring a senior man as spider man, a young female coach as Mary Jane (?), and a novice (?) boy as the villain. It had high level skating, beautiful performance more like theater on ice, people loved it.

Theme of the show was heros, and the superheroes portion made the rink like big-o Halloween party, lol. --- Where did Superman go? He left his belt!

Offline karne

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
Re: Spiderman skating?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
Not sure about Spiderman, but at my rink's showcase a year or two back we had The Stig grace the ice, white racesuit, helmet and all...

It wasn't until earlier this year that I found out it who the Stig was! It was the funniest thing ever.
"Three months in figure skating is nothing. Three months is like 5 minutes in a day. 5 minutes in 24 hours - that's how long you've been working on this. And that's not long at all. You are 1000% better than you were 5 minutes ago." -- My coach

ISA Preliminary! Passed 13/12/14!