You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: mondor sizing  (Read 3971 times)

Offline jenniturtle

• Beware the Bars of Death!
  • Total GOE: 2
mondor sizing
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
Does any one know anything about Mondor sizing? I have the chance to buy a dress for a good price but all i know is that its marked YJ. Is that larger than a 12/14 or about the same? the dress is being sold by an online store and provides very little information.

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
Re: mondor sizing
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »
Mondor's sizes in kids run small; my (very tiny) DD was in a 6/8 when she was a petite age 4.  I would measure your kid and compare it to the Mondor size chart on their website.

Offline kiwiskater

• Always a Flip, Never a Back Flip
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:06:27 PM »
What about Adults sizes? I want to buy some polartec leggings but reading the size chart & measuring the 'inseam' it all points to Med, but I'm a wee tiny thing - I have a tiny waist but big hips which is a real nuisance in buying pants, literally I can't pick clothes off the shelf here...

Overall I'm usually a size 8 ladies, when I can get a shape that agree with my big hips

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »
Mondor has recently re-named their sizing. A YJ (Youth Junior) is now a 12-14. The 12-14 on this chart is now a garment size 10-12.

http://www.icessorizeunlimited.com/site/475661/page/4176476

I find Mondor runs one size off.  Dd has an an 8-10 dress and cannot wear it - it is the same size as 6/7 in other brands.

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:45:45 AM »
Mondor has recently re-named their sizing. A YJ (Youth Junior) is now a 12-14. The 12-14 on this chart is now a garment size 10-12.

http://www.icessorizeunlimited.com/site/475661/page/4176476

I find Mondor runs one size off.  Dd has an an 8-10 dress and cannot wear it - it is the same size as 6/7 in other brands.

My daughter wears a size 0 in womens pants and a size xs or s in shirts. Her Mondor dress is a size ladies small. It has spaghetti straps on it that I adjusted to make the dress fit her better. Fwiw, her girth is 55 inches, bust is 32in, waist is 26 in and her hips are 31.5 in.

Offline Rachelsk8s

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 23
  • I'm probably skating......
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »
I agree with the sizing, Mondor definitely runs about a size smaller than what one would wear normally in other clothing.

Offline kiwiskater

• Always a Flip, Never a Back Flip
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
I got my pants today - so for anyone trying to size without trying them on

I was borderline Adult Sml/Med - I bought Med, they just fit length wise. Personally I find the back just a little too low - its like a scoop back and the waist just a tiny bit too loose as well (a common problem for me) but I'm hoping I can find someone with good sewing skills & see if I can make some changes to get them to fit better.

The advice to go a size up from what you expect to be is sound advice, also it helps to check the size charts & estimated seam lengths to help you decide which size to get.

Offline Finallyskating

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 16
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 03:30:49 PM »
Good to know kiwi