You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Enlarging USFS rulebook for reference  (Read 1086 times)

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Enlarging USFS rulebook for reference
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »
Yesterday dance coach mentioned in the past, it was easy to print out the rulebook pages at say 150% to fit 8.5" x 11" paper for easy rinkside viewing. The current rulebook is made in "spreads" instead of "single sheets", making the process difficult unless one has larger 11" x 17" printers and then cut the printouts in half.

Even with an ipad around, he still preferred to make a binder with enlarged rulebook printouts and asked how to get it done. We had a little discussion. Assistant dance coach suggested cropping in Acrobat (142 pages!!) and I was thinking of cropping in InDeisgn (142 pages!!!!!). A google search this morning took me to a great solution, using the "print tiles" feature of Acrobat Professional to print 8.5" x 11" spreads into 5.5 x 8.5" single pages. Brilliant! :)

Done in 5 minutes instead of an hour of repetitive manual labor, wheeeee :D  PM me if you want the file for enlarged printing.