You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: I miss skating :(  (Read 1107 times)

Offline sk8rfran

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
  • me and my friends
I miss skating :(
« on: May 23, 2011, 12:56:57 PM »
I recently graduated from high school in December and my skating has been cut down dramatically. I don't skate every day now, I move to a different place so I have no skating friends or coach, and I only get to skate when I have time which is about once a week or every couple weeks. I am on my last moves test and I failed it before I left for college. I really want to get this test done because I came so far and it was my goal. It is not summer and I am working a full time job 8-4:30 mon-fri and am living in a new apartment. I really miss skating and it is making me really sad because it has been my life since I was so little. Any advice  ???

Mod edit: moved topic from "on ice training"

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
Re: I miss skating :(
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:03 PM »
The college kids at our rink teach LTS, and thus get their ice time free (plus a small amount of pay for the classes) which really helps!  LTS is also a good way to find some private students for low level coaching.  That can help add to your income so you may not need a full time job.  Otherwise- do what the rest of us do with full time jobs, skate before or after, and on the weekends.

I know college kids who have continued through the test stream (senior tests, or just starting dance for the first time after being successful as pairs) and it's tough, it's different from being a kid skater, but it can work.

Good luck on the transition.