You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Poll

Poll/Thread for anyone who INTENDS to compete next April in Hyannis, MA April 8-12

Bronze Free Skate
8 (21.6%)
Bronze Dramatic
4 (10.8%)
Bronze Light Entertainment
5 (13.5%)
Silver Free Skate
4 (10.8%)
Silver Dramatic
3 (8.1%)
Silver Light Entertainment
3 (8.1%)
Gold Free Skate
4 (10.8%)
Gold Dramatic
1 (2.7%)
Gold Light Entertainment
1 (2.7%)
Masters Free Skate
1 (2.7%)
Masters Dramatic
0 (0%)
Masters Light Entertainment
0 (0%)
Dance Any Event
3 (8.1%)
Pairs Any Event
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: 2014 Adult Nationals. Thread for anyone who INTENDS to compete.  (Read 10366 times)

Offline Clarice

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 68
Re: I have a few questions .. first time as a competitor...
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2014, 08:59:41 AM »
Do the competitors also have to pay for admission to watch other events or is that only for their friends/family/coaches?

No, competitors do not have to pay anything beyond the cost of entering the competition (which is a good thing, considering how expensive that is now!).  When you arrive and check in, you'll be given your competition credential.  Wear that around your neck whenever you're not on the ice - it serves as your admission to everything.  If you lose it or forget it, you'll be charged the daily admission fee same as any other observer, so keep track of it!

~~~~~~
I myself am not able to compete this year :( - I'll miss seeing everybody and wish all of you the best of luck!!!

Offline techskater

• Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 64
Re: 2014 Adult Nationals. Thread for anyone who INTENDS to compete.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:15 AM »
Or you can get a replacement credential.

Coaches are also credentialed so there is no need for them to pay.  As long as they are on the "green" list for CERs.

I will be there all week.  Make sure to find me - everyone seems to know who I am.   ;)

Offline Rachelsk8s

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 23
  • I'm probably skating......
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:33 AM »
I just had to say quickly how excited I am to be going to Adult Nationals!!! I've been to some all adult competitions and they were a blast,  but this is what I've been dreaming of going to :)  :love:

Offline Adultsk8r509

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 34
    • Adult Figure Skating Over 50
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
I just had to say quickly how excited I am to be going to Adult Nationals!!! I've been to some all adult competitions and they were a blast,  but this is what I've been dreaming of going to :)  :love:
Me too.  I have only competed 1 time in my life .. as an adult .. and I was the only competitor in my event.  I never competed as a child (I chickened out and left the rink Preliminary event!)  This is on my bucket list.  I went to Scottsdale last year until Friday to observe.. not only the skating, but the general atmosphere.  I knew I didn't want to get myself into a "killer" competition.  I was amazed as I looked around at the comradere and support from all the skaters to one another, especially at the lower levels and especially among the older skaters.  I was observing them more because that's where I am.  Bronze IV.  I am sure the feeling transcends through all the levels and yes... it is still a competition.  I saw so many skaters beaming with pride wearing their medals all day and even the days to follow from their events.  This year I plan to stay for all the days and events, so my biggest worry is going to be keeping warm, sitting on something soft and not running out of tossies !!!  Good luck everyone!
Happy Landings
www.waltzjump.com