You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Off Ice Videos  (Read 3100 times)

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Off Ice Videos
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:31 AM »
I found these off-ice videos on YouTube by accident.  Look interesting - tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lindafmb#p/u/21/HZZRSCiJ9E4

Linda Ross' DVD Website: http://coacheschoice.com/c-193-figure-skating.aspx
Two DVD's available for sale: Balance Training for Figure Skaters and Gliding for Figure Skaters.

-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline Isk8NYC

• Administrator
  • Total GOE: 141
    • Ten Years of Figure Skating Discussions!
Re: Off Ice Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
I watched the sit spin and the stroking workout and I liked them!  Yes, it's obviously a homemade video, but the exercises were applicable and simple to do.  I guess you substitute something for the slide pads; I was thinking that plastic plates would be too slippery but paper might be okay.
-- Isk8NYC --
"I like to skate on the other side of the ice." - Comedian Steven Wright

Offline lindafmb

• Pinwheel Pro
  • Total GOE: 8
    • Fit Mind-Body Conditioning YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
Thanks so much for finding my YouTube channel...I found this forum by looking at my Insight statistics! I've already found a lot of useful information that I can use myself, as an adult skater.

Just wanted to add that I actually have THREE commercial products available from Healthy Learning, and they are commercial-grade, not like the home-made clips I post on my YouTube channel. In addition to the BOSU and gliding workouts, there is a yoga workout on DVD included with my sport psychology program (book). You can find all three products here: http://www.healthylearning.com/m-1527-linda-ross-phd-figure-skater-trainer.aspx

I am in the PNW, near Seattle, WA, and I do a lot of one-on-one, small group, and group exercise programs for skaters in the local area. I also work with higher level and elite skaters via Skype or other video-conferencing tools throughout the US, as well as with several Canadian, Russian, Japanese, and other skating clients located in various spots on the globe. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about off-ice conditioning or sport psychology, the clips posted on my YouTube channel or my professional products, or if you are looking to work with an experienced sport psychologist/conditioning coach who specializes in off-ice conditioning for figure skaters.

I am always happy to help, and figure skating is my passion.

Linda

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Total GOE: 188
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
Found another resource - just a brief overview, but probably enough to get people started doing off-ice daily.

"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline Skate@Delaware

• Chock Full of Lilty Goodness
  • Total GOE: 61
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »
Thanks so much for finding my YouTube channel...I found this forum by looking at my Insight statistics! I've already found a lot of useful information that I can use myself, as an adult skater.

Just wanted to add that I actually have THREE commercial products available from Healthy Learning, and they are commercial-grade, not like the home-made clips I post on my YouTube channel. In addition to the BOSU and gliding workouts, there is a yoga workout on DVD included with my sport psychology program (book). You can find all three products here: http://www.healthylearning.com/m-1527-linda-ross-phd-figure-skater-trainer.aspx

I am in the PNW, near Seattle, WA, and I do a lot of one-on-one, small group, and group exercise programs for skaters in the local area. I also work with higher level and elite skaters via Skype or other video-conferencing tools throughout the US, as well as with several Canadian, Russian, Japanese, and other skating clients located in various spots on the globe. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about off-ice conditioning or sport psychology, the clips posted on my YouTube channel or my professional products, or if you are looking to work with an experienced sport psychologist/conditioning coach who specializes in off-ice conditioning for figure skaters.

I am always happy to help, and figure skating is my passion.

Linda
(reviving an old post)  I just started doing the sit-spin training....I can only do 1 sit/squat for every 5 of yours lol! But I'm hoping to build up more strength. I can do wall squats (2 and 1 legged) but this dynamic movement is just what I needed. I did about 5 squats on each leg yesterday and feel it today.
Avoiding the Silver Moves Mohawk click-of-death!!!