You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Edmonton vs Richmond  (Read 1658 times)

Offline skatingmum2

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 3
Edmonton vs Richmond
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:18 PM »
Daughter currently in Richmond - has worn these the last 3 years and loves them. Last pair have lasted about 7 or 8 months before being broken down. She weighs about 115 lb and 5'6" tall. Working on double axel and just starting to try triples. (Likely to get into these more this summer/next autumn.

Coach thinks we need to go up a strength although daughter a bit nervous. If I thought next pair or Richmonds would last 8 months I wouldn't mind although not sure if she will go through them faster now because she is bigger and doing bigger jumps.....

At what stage do skaters generally go into very heavy duty boots?

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
Re: Edmonton vs Richmond
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:16:22 AM »
If your daughter's feet have stopped growing, I'd try the Edmontons. I wear them and love them. I had very little break in time once they'd been heat molded, despite them being very tough boots. I tried on the Richmonds (didn't skate in them) and couldn't really notice the difference fit wise and in the feel.
But I would think that from a financial point of view you should be trying to get slightly more than 8 months out of a pair of boots especially if she's starting to work on triples. 

Offline skatingmum2

• Homologating Quadrubles
  • Total GOE: 3
Re: Edmonton vs Richmond
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
She is reluctant for any change but coach feels she needs a strength up  - pleased to hear that it is possible to break them in as they do sound like a very tough boot! Currently they are on order - she will get them late June and have until end of August to break them in.