You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Skating practise dresses?  (Read 1271 times)

Offline skatingpasty

• Wobbling on new skates
  • Total GOE: 4
Skating practise dresses?
« on: September 06, 2011, 06:49:34 AM »
Does anyone know where I can buy a skating practise dress online, I'm from the UK so any sites that post to the uk (not to expensive postage)

I'm looking for either a dress or a skirt. For a dress (preferably plain and black or navy) I am aiming to spend about £30 ($50) or under.
Or for a skirt I'm preferably looking for a plain black, navy or blue skirt (with frills) to about £15 ($25) or less.

I've tried eBay but couldn't find one I like/for a decent price.

Also do Mondor do thick stirrup/over the boot tights? I've only been able to find the thin opaque ones (which ladder easily when practising)
Working on...
Ⓢⓟⓘⓝⓢ: flying camel, back camel, back sit, layback, change camel/sit, combination spins
Ⓙⓤⓜⓟⓢ: axel preparation
ⓕⓘⓔⓛⓓ ⓜⓞⓥⓔⓢ: Level 1,2 and 3

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
Re: Skating practise dresses?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:20:46 AM »
Have a look at Darla's Dresses. They're based in Glasgow. The should have reasonably priced practice skirts.
Otherwise you are looking at US or Canadian sellers. If you find something you like and are prepared to wait, international surface/seamail is often significantly cheaper than airmail. It does take about 6 weeks for things to arrive and you'll have to ask the sellers to price that option up for you.

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Re: Skating practise dresses?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:37 AM »
Does anyone know where I can buy a skating practise dress online, I'm from the UK so any sites that post to the uk (not to expensive postage)

I'm looking for either a dress or a skirt. For a dress (preferably plain and black or navy) I am aiming to spend about £30 ($50) or under.
Or for a skirt I'm preferably looking for a plain black, navy or blue skirt (with frills) to about £15 ($25) or less.

I've tried eBay but couldn't find one I like/for a decent price.

Also do Mondor do thick stirrup/over the boot tights? I've only been able to find the thin opaque ones (which ladder easily when practising)

If you sew, you can make a basic dress for not too much money. Definitely less then 50.00. I've made my daughter competition dresses for under 100(US). The most I have spent so far has been around 75.00 to make her competition dresses. So, if you or someone you know, sews, I would look for a pattern and make one!