You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: NY2 Sportswear  (Read 8904 times)

Offline davincisop

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 162
  • 2017 Goal: Pass Bronze Dances
NY2 Sportswear
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »
Forgive me if there is already a thread about this.

Does anyone have NY2 Sportswear pants? I ordered a pair the other day and am just waiting for them to come, but with my experiences with Chloe Noels, I ordered an adult large. Do you guys have any experiences with them? What's the material like? Do they hold up well? How do they fit? :)

Offline isakswings

• Carrying Baton for Yelling At Hockey Boys
  • Total GOE: 22
Re: NY2 Sportswear
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
I do not have any personal experience with them, but there are many mom's at the ice rink who have bought pants from them. One mom told me the screen print pants tend to crack. The rhinestone pants seem to hold up well. I see many girls wearing them over and over, so it would seem they hold up nicely. I think the fabric is the nice, fleece backed fabric(polartec?). My daughter would love a pair! I just cant bring myself to pay 60.00 for a pair of practice pants. Maybe I can convince grandma and grandpa to get her a pair for Christmas. :) Like I said, this is not personal experience, but what I have seen and heard from others.

Offline davincisop

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »
I got the plain black ones from their ebay shop, $45. I think if they hold up well they are well worth it. The one thing I really didn't like with my Chloe's when they fit was that I had to wear black underpants with them otherwise you could see my underwear (I refuse to say panties... it makes me cringe.).

OT, but is anyone else's page in bold font or is it just me?

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
I just ordered an jacket from her, should be here tomorow. I asked a question re size and she answeredme right away.Will let you know what we think!

Offline twokidsskatemom

• Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 17
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:12:39 PM »
Got it today, looks very nice and fits well.She said its very soft inside.Dont know how it will hold up yet, but seems to be worth the money! The owner told me if you are in between sizes order smaller. its stretchy.

Offline davincisop

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
I want my pants so badly. The tracking info still says it's not actually shipped yet though. 

Offline davincisop

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »
My pants finally came. Turns out UPS forgot to track the shipping but they arrived today. They fit wonderfully. They don't stick into my tummy horribly at all. I could have gotten a medium I think but I can always order another pair when I've lost some weight and sell these ones. But they're comfy, a little loose in the crotch area which is probably a good thing, and fit beautifully. I'm skating in them tomorrow so I will let y'all know how they hold up.

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
I'm using the ny2 pants & jacket, and I do like them! Have fun! :-)

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:03 AM »
Are you able to compare them to the Chloe Noels? I've got the Chloes with the side stripe, and I like the thickness of them, but am liking some of the designs of the NY2 ones.

Offline chowskates

• Traveling in a Synchro Circle
  • Total GOE: 33
    • ChowSkates
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
Are you able to compare them to the Chloe Noels? I've got the Chloes with the side stripe, and I like the thickness of them, but am liking some of the designs of the NY2 ones.

I can't remember the CN side stripe fabric, but it is slightly thinner than the CN spiral pants. I do like this ny2 fabric.

Offline fsk8r

• Sharp Skates
  • Total GOE: 49
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 10:57:12 AM »
I can't remember the CN side stripe fabric, but it is slightly thinner than the CN spiral pants. I do like this ny2 fabric.

Thanks. I was worried that they might be thicker as what I have at the moment is enough.

Offline davincisop

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 06:56:36 PM »
Update. I love love love my pants. They're so comfy. The material feels more like cotton than the chloe's do. My Chloes feel like lycra and these feel like a blend. And I don't have to wear black underwear with them, a major plus.

My chloes though are a year and a half old, so they might be made a little differently now, but I prefer NY2Sportswear. And they're a little cheaper, too.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 121
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 10:54:43 PM »
I ordered a pair of pants from them on ebay.

I am incredibly nervous about the sizing, as I'm way fatter than their Adult Large on the size chart.  But right now I'm wearing Under Armour size S, and I'm also WAY bigger than their size chart too.

I hope they fit.  If not, I'm sure I can sell them for only a bit of a loss- they are cute pants!

Very nervous though.

Offline davincisop

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 11:42:42 PM »
I wouldn't worry Skittl, if you want to PM me your height/weight, we could compare and I might be able to help ease your worry. I know I was a bit worried, too, but my adult larges fit pretty well and they're comfy.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 08:05:34 AM »
Ooh... you got AL too?  I think your taller than me, but way skinnier.  
I've paid for them, so I'll just wait and see.

I'm still having a hard time believing this is a different company than Chloe Noel- seems like every pair of pants on their website is on the CN website too...

Offline davincisop

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 10:02:42 AM »
I'm actually quite short lol, just long legs in relation to my height, I'm only about 5'1". My little sister on the other hand.... almost 6 foot.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 10:09:08 AM »
Oh wow- now I'm even more worried, I thought you were tall!...I'm PMing you.

Offline davincisop

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »
Nope, I'm a shortie. The videos on youtube I have up make me look taller simply because I have long legs. Throw me next to my sis and I look like a midget. I seriously don't know what happened other than she got my mom's height and I got my mom's mom's height.

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 06:19:07 PM »
Got my pants today- large rip in the side seam... 

Well, now I get to see how well they handle returns.

Offline davincisop

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 07:00:16 PM »
Oh no!!! That sucks!

Offline Purple Sparkly

• CER-A
  • Compulsory Figures
  • Total GOE: 65
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
I got the plain black ones from their ebay shop, $45. I think if they hold up well they are well worth it. The one thing I really didn't like with my Chloe's when they fit was that I had to wear black underpants with them otherwise you could see my underwear (I refuse to say panties... it makes me cringe.).

Do you mean if you wore white, you could see the white or see the outline?  (I don't like the word "panties," either.  It sounds naughty somehow.)

Offline Skittl1321

• Swizzle Royalty
    • Skittles Skates
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
Well, now I get to see how well they handle returns.

They sent me out a new pair very quickly, and a label to return the old ones.  So it seems, no problems at all.

I got these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Ice-Figure-Skating-Dress-Practice-Pants-2-tone-WB-BG-/260783306327?pt=US_Womens_Athleticwear&var=&hash=item82646030a4

I'm short, and a little overweight and the AL fit me nicely on the waist and hips (surprising since i'm above the size chart- maybe that is unstretched?), but are cut too skinny on the legs.  I've never had stretch pants feel too tight on my legs.  They are wearable, but anyone with large thighs might use caution.  They are also WAY too long (tall girls- these might be for you) and I have to bunch them quite a bit on my calves. But that's normal for pants, sadly because of the "bell" on the bottom to go over the skates, I can't hem them shorter, or else the over the heel feature that was a good part of my purchase decision goes away.

There is a cotton gusset sewn into the crotch.  Nice feature should you go sans-undies (I do get lines- they are meant to be worn tight afterall).

Offline davincisop

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 02:31:19 PM »
Do you mean if you wore white, you could see the white or see the outline?  (I don't like the word "panties," either.  It sounds naughty somehow.)

I mean if I wore any colored underwear other than black (or a thong, but those are WAY too uncomfortable for me, so I wear the boyshorts) it would show through, got forbid I wore hot pink or polkadot...

The NY2 ones don't show at all. I've worn my brightest underwear with them and no problems whatsoever.

Offline JHarer

• Pairs Partner
  • Total GOE: 34
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 02:38:50 PM »
Okay ladies, I'm thinking I really want to use the birthday money grandma gave me to get a pair of the NY2 pants, but I am way above the size chart for the adult large. I'm fairly tall 5'6", but I have a tummy and skaters thighs. I know several of you had posted that you are slightly above the sizing chart and the adult large still fit, but I am wondering how much above?