You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: You got to be kidding me - yes this is about fitting.  (Read 1103 times)

Offline jlspink22

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 9
You got to be kidding me - yes this is about fitting.
« on: December 27, 2014, 07:50:55 PM »
I measured my daughters feet again since she's been complaining her skates are tight. One foot is an 11.5 and the other a 12.  Her ball is also wider than her heel.

She's in a little girls 12B in jackson. They fit well except in the toes on the size 12 foot. Her previous pair were also jackson, B width; but towards the end of their life span they had to be stretched at the toes and arches to give me time to get her new skates. And before that she had the same length skates as the 11.5 Jackson's but in Riedell which were too narrow.

She's too little for customized skates, so which is worse - wider skate and try to fill the heel space with gel sleeves or half size up (longer skate)? Or just keep punching out at the toes - which is a hard spot to stretch because the skates are so small.   Her skates now have the PVC heels so I heated the leather upper with a blow dryer and made her wear them until they cooled to try and get them to stretch and buy me more time. I'm about to take a knife and skate tape to the pinch points. I'm really hesitant to drop a lot of money on skates when we are on our Third pair in less than a year.