You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Practice tights......  (Read 10025 times)

Offline Christy

• AOSS Member
  • Total GOE: 103
Re: Practice tights......
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
Those Mondors look very similar to these Chloe Noels http://www.chloenoel.com/site/skatewear/pants/P83/P83.html. I tried them but found the cut and length to be different (smaller / shorter) to my other pair (i.e. these http://www.chloenoel.com/site/skatewear/pants/P06/P06.html)

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 11
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »
I've been debating those fleece Chloe Noel's for ages! Tidewaterice has a great price on the Mondor though.

In any event, I really don't need any of these. I have a handful of leggings and now two pairs of seku pants (yay seku sale, kinda want yet another pair?)

Sorry to go on a tangent... Loops, any luck on the tights? Did you buy anything? :)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 05:33:24 PM »
Ooh those Mondors do look snuggly, I'll add those to my search list......

And CaraSkates, please do tell more about your fleece pants!

I like those too. If only I wasn't short with a big butt.... :-\
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/

Offline Loops

• Alex, I'd like to buy an axel…
  • Total GOE: 112
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 03:52:13 AM »
AgnesNitt- I'm sure you look fine!  I'm a member of the booty club too though, so I'm with you- to hide it I ALWAYS wear a skirt, even if I'm wearing pants (I keep them the the same color, like we did in the 80's....so retro I am lol) and I like pants/tights that cover the heel of my skate.  It elongates things a little.

In terms of what I've bought....  It's school holidays over here (just shoot me now!), so I haven't had much time to source these suggestions in Europe.  I also have an email into ChloeNoel about those BP10 tights.  Either they don't actually read the costumer inquiry emails, or those tights really are comparable to Mondor Evolution's (and there's a serious disconnect in terms of what they're advertising and what's in the package).  I'm waiting on a response to my "hunh?  Please clarify" email.  So, I've bought nothing yet.

I also want to look more at footless sweater tights, I'd like to find some that aren't cable knit....for this purpose, I don't want to take the "sweater" concept too literally....  I wish those Gaylord Minden one's were heavier weight- otherwise they're pretty close to what I'm looking for.  I might try them anyway.

But you guys HAVE given some fantastic suggestions!  Made my work harder, but more likely to be successful.  Thanks!!!  And keep 'em coming if you feel so inclined.

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 10:45:49 AM »
DD has Mondor's bamboo tights that feel and look like a thin knit sweater material. They are warmer then regular tights, but not by much. She wears them under her skating pants on cold rink days or under her regular skating tights when she wears a dress.

I think soft, warm, sweater tights with comfy waistband would be a big hit in our house. DD loves to skate in a dress and would probably always practice that way if she didn't get cold so easily. Maybe I'll learn to knit, might give me something to do in all those hours I wait at the rink.

Offline CaraSkates

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 367
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 01:31:07 PM »
I need pants like that! I know my yoga pants aren't going to cut it as the weather cools down. Can you recommend yours?

Ooh those Mondors do look snuggly, I'll add those to my search list......

And CaraSkates, please do tell more about your fleece pants!

The pants I wear are my own - if this link isn't allowed I'll take it down but here is the link to my fleece pants. https://squareup.com/market/cara-anne-designs

They are 4way stretch, with a gusset at the crotch. Lycra outside, fleece inside and a 1.5" waistband to stay up better then the flimsy yoga pant ones. If you are in the tri-state area, I'm often at local competitions with a booth. I can make any design listed in the fleece version and plan to introduce some new styles this winter along with matching earbands (that stay on while you spin!) and jackets in 2015. I LIVE in my pants Sept-April for skating (and sometimes leave them on during the day in the dead of winter because they are so snuggly).

Offline Loops

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
Caraskates- those are really cute!!!!!!  I like the dots.  How closely do they fit?   [aside-  And I love the doll dresses....you've some skillz!]

edited to clarify- I can see that they're close fitting, which is good.  Some look like they're a bit loose around the knees- is that just the photography, or how the fleece/lycra fits or.....?  I like the way my ChloeNoel tights are absolutely skin tight- there's no risk of snagging anything.

Offline CaraSkates

• Doing the Fiesta Tangle!
  • Total GOE: 367
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
Caraskates- those are really cute!!!!!!  I like the dots.  How closely do they fit?   [aside-  And I love the doll dresses....you've some skillz!]

edited to clarify- I can see that they're close fitting, which is good.  Some look like they're a bit loose around the knees- is that just the photography, or how the fleece/lycra fits or.....?  I like the way my ChloeNoel tights are absolutely skin tight- there's no risk of snagging anything.

Thanks Loops! I love doing the doll dresses, I'll have more of those up soon for the holidays. As far as the fit of the pants, they are a legging style but not compression fit. I'd say to go down a size if you wanted a compression fit - I wear a M but can also wear a small. As far as the photos, the best fit is shown on the Fire and Ice pants, the other models were a tad on the small side for what they were modeling. The knees are fitted except when the knee is bent and then you do get a bit of pooling on the backside. I've never thought they were loose enough to snag on anything - and I've never caught my blades on them. The sizing runs pretty true to RTW - not the small sizes of most skating/dance apparel.

Offline twinskaters

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »
Those are really cute, Cara! I will have to take a closer look when I have a few minutes. :)

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
Practice tights......
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 11:51:58 PM »
I picked up a pair of fleeced footless tights at Walmart for $5. ( I was looking for those cuddle duds someone else mentioned.) They are by the brand George and I can't seem to find them online, but they have a cable knit as well. I just tried them on and they look like those previously linked dance tights on me! Though I would probably wear something over them, as I don't think they're meant to be pants!

Offline blue111moon

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 34
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »
Walmart also has fleeced tights in patterns and solids with and without feet.  :)  I was in there yesterday (to get dog treats but they were out of my buddy's favorites!) and checked out the line.  The Cuddleduds pieces come in fleece and a silky fabric and in sizes from small to XXL. From my experience the fleece ones run a little large and are stretchier than the silky ones. But they fit closely so I don't know that I'd wear them without another layer on top, although I expect thinner people than me might be okay.   I didn't check the children's section to find out if they have something similar for kids but I expect they would, and maybe in more colors than the black and gray they had for adults. 

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »
I looked for cuddleduds in the men's section and they didn't have them. If they run large, maybe I'll see if the kids section has any! I didn't pick any up cause I thought they seemed a bit big

Offline blue111moon

• Freestyle Skater
  • Total GOE: 34
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 07:25:35 AM »
Cuddleduds are a women's brand so I don't expect they'd have them in the Men's section.  I don't know if they make a men's version but I'm pretty sure, if they did, they wouldn't call them Cuddleduds.  :)

Offline Neverdull44

• Making the Ice Cake
  • Total GOE: 120
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 11:18:19 AM »
Cuddle - dudes, perhaps.  For the guys in touch with themselves.

Offline Loops

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
Cuddle - dudes, perhaps.  For the guys in touch with themselves.

<snort>

Offline twinskaters

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 9
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
I bought a pair of fleece-lined leggings at Harmon drugs (not sure if they're national at this point--I'm in NY) for 8 bucks and skated in them yesterday. Sooooo comfortable and warm! Only problem is they run small. I usually wear a 6-8 in pants and the large is just right. But for 8 bucks, they're awesome.

Offline littlerain

• On the Edge
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2014, 11:09:52 PM »
The bed bath & beyond store locations with the health & beauty sections are Harmon, so perhaps they're there! Walgreens also has some fleece leggings - currently on sale 2 for $10. I bought a pair and they're one size fits all, so I don't quite love how they fit. But, they were warm and comfy!  I gave them to a friend though