You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Narrow orthotics ?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline xoxo_tw

• Mohawk of Doom
  • Total GOE: 0
Narrow orthotics ?
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:26:49 AM »
I came over this website,
http://www.feetrelief.com/feetrelief/KLM_main.htm

they seems to come in different widths and heights... anyone know if they a good fit for skates ?

Offline johnallocca

• Pinwheel Pro
  • Total GOE: 11
  • Ice is Nice
    • Allocca Biotechnology, LLC
Re: Narrow orthotics ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:08:06 AM »
Not good because they don't provide much cushioning. Get something like the Dr. Comfort Control X inserts, which come in low, medium, and high arches. Though, I cannot say if they will fit in your skating boots. It depends upon how much room you have in the boots. Start with the low arch.

http://www.drcomfort.com/our-footwear/inserts/control-x/page

John :)

Offline xoxo_tw

• Mohawk of Doom
  • Total GOE: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 02:48:43 PM »
Thank you !

Offline PhysicsOnIce

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 292
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:17:43 AM »
You might want to also look into Super feet. They have a specific insole for skates, which I know a lot of people use. I actually use their Blue superfeet.
Let your heart and soul guide your blades

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
You might want to also look into Super feet. They have a specific insole for skates, which I know a lot of people use. I actually use their Blue superfeet.

I am wondering which one is specificially for skates - I have the yellow one which when I looked at the website is for hockey skates... of course my hockey skate guy at the pro shop sold it to me... other skaters in my area have this as well.

Looking on the website I don't see the one for figure skates anymore... or else I am just not looking in the right place.

Offline johnallocca

• Pinwheel Pro
  • Total GOE: 11
  • Ice is Nice
    • Allocca Biotechnology, LLC
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
The Super Feet look pretty good.

John :)

Offline PhysicsOnIce

• Wearing Blade Guards on the Ice
  • Total GOE: 292
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »
I am wondering which one is specificially for skates - I have the yellow one which when I looked at the website is for hockey skates... of course my hockey skate guy at the pro shop sold it to me... other skaters in my area have this as well.

Looking on the website I don't see the one for figure skates anymore... or else I am just not looking in the right place.

My tech  (Les Westaway) told me the yellow "CONTROL, POWER & PERFORMANCE" are for figure skates as well, despite normally marked for hockey players and cyclist (I'm not sure how that combination works but... okay). They are supposively designed for more effect energy transfer between your foot and the ice.  However, I took the blue "all purpose performance" because they fit better in my Sp-Teris and were thinner, whereas the Yellow one lifted my heel too much and put me directly on the toe pick almost. 
Let your heart and soul guide your blades

Offline icedancer

• Custom Skates
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
I am also in SP Teri's and I just think the yellow also raises the heel too much - I am definitely not in the right place on the blade but only in my right foot!

I can see it now - blue in one, yellow in the other... but I guess that makes sense because the feet are pretty different arch-wise.

Thanks for the info. :)

Offline AgnesNitt

• Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 516
    • The ice doesn't care
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:45:38 PM »
The yellow superfeet have channels in the heel to help the insole dry out. They can be cut to fit your boots. I'm not a fan of cushiony insoles as they will push your feet up into the boot and make the boot feel  short.
Yes I'm in with the 90's. I have a skating blog. http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/