You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Can Jackson Classique last you through all the basic levels?  (Read 1486 times)

Offline nyc.kcs

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 1
Can Jackson Classique last you through all the basic levels?
« on: March 18, 2012, 06:35:09 PM »
I've had them since I first started ice skating. I practice 1-3 hours a week. Can they last me all through the basic levels? (pre-alpha to delta/basic 1 to basic 8)?

Offline jjane45

• Clean Skate
  • Total GOE: 162
Re: Can Jackson Classique last you through all the basic levels?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 07:02:10 PM »
I used to wear Jackson Classique, my fitter recommended them up to ISI FS3.
By coincidence they sort of broke down when I reached loops / flips in FS4.
(and turned out to be a size too big, but that was a different story)

Offline VAsk8r

• On the Edge
  • Total GOE: 18
Re: Can Jackson Classique last you through all the basic levels?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »
I got Classiques when I was in a group class working on gamma/delta stuff, and they began breaking down about a year and a half later when I was doing salchows and toe loops and beginning sit spins. In fact, my coach was shocked to realize I was still in Classiques and actually forbid me from doing sit spins until I got Freestyles. That was more because they were so broken down, though, not because they were Classiques.

So I think they certainly CAN take you through all the basics. Whether they do will depend on how much practice it takes you to get through those levels, how hard you skate (I've been told I am a "hard skater"), how much you weigh and probably a bunch of other variables. Keep an eye on the boots to see if they begin to crease and ask a coach to look at them if you're concerned.