You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: SeKu Pro-Tech gear  (Read 3555 times)

Offline irenar5

• Practicing Chick Tails
  • Total GOE: 61
SeKu Pro-Tech gear
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
Has anyone used the pants or shorts from SeKu?   What is the protection pad made out of?  Is it gel, like Skate safe pads?  Are they heavy? 
Also, if you have those shorts or pants and have fallen in them on the tailbone or hip, did you find there was enough cushioning?

Offline sarahspins

• Passed Silver MITF 4/7/13!
  • Swizzle Royalty
  • Total GOE: 131
  • CER-C
Re: SeKu Pro-Tech gear
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
It's not gel, they use d3o® which supposedly has much better impact protection than other types of foam while being much thinner.

http://www.d3o.com/about/faqs/

Offline hopskipjump

• BladeLock
  • Ice Dancer
  • Total GOE: 59
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 01:27:02 AM »
Dd uses these - http://www.amazon.com/Zoombang-Three-Point-Protective-Shorts-Womens/dp/B003Y7RDI8  They are really slim fitting and so far they have worked great.  The pads are filled with the material that makes bullet proof vests.

Offline emilayy

• Diamond Blocking
  • Total GOE: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
i have a pair of seku's pants, but i don't like them so much. they get much more pilly than my lululemons. i use waxel pads, which i really like

Offline Sk8tmum

• Click of Death
  • Location: An arena, of course. More specifically, a Canadian arena.
  • Total GOE: 143
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 04:07:46 PM »
We use these, the UltraCrash pads, which are pretty much invisible under a pair of pants:

http://www.skatingsafe.com/

They work amazingly well; a 150 pound skater can fall out of a triple jump onto a knee and not feel it.  Plus, the ability to "pick your spot" in terms of where you need it, i.e. there are specialized ones for tailbone, hip, knee etc. Other big advantage, you can use them with any pair of pants, including LuLu ones; actually LuLu pants work great with them, so do Chloe pants and UnderArmour frosty tights. 

And, yeah, they're hygenic and easy to wipe clean ... which I really like ... no padding or material for body products including but not limited to sweat and blood to leak into ...  88)