You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Opinions on buying new skates  (Read 1367 times)

Offline skatingsisters

• Wearing Rental Skates
  • Total GOE: 0
  • Violet and Charlotte
Opinions on buying new skates
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:16:21 AM »
My sister Charlotte and I have got to the point where we need new skates. We have been researching all the different brands but just wanted people's opinions/experiences.

I am currently doing sit,camel and back spins, toe loop,loop,waltz loop,flip,lutz

Charlotte is doing two foot & one foot, waltz,half flip and salchow jumps.

I was looking at the Wifa Skatec as i currently have Wifa's and they are good but I need ones for my level.

Charlotte is looking at Gam Celebrity with Ultima Blades.

Thats another thing, blades, what would you recommend?

Thanks Violet :)

Offline icefrog

• Flippin' Flutzstrated
  • Total GOE: 8
Re: Opinions on buying new skates
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:11:09 PM »
It seems like the Celebrity would be a good fit for your sister, but its hard to tell with our trying them on and what level of stiffness she needs. The blade will get someone through what she's doing now, but not much else. They have a leather sole so the blade can be changed. I would recommend an Ultima Legacy or Protege for her level if she's thinking of moving up soon. Full rotation singles would be a challenge on Mark IV blades, but not impossible. I like Ultimas, they're all I've ever skated on so I recommend them to many people. The Legacy and Protege would be perfect for you too. I just don't know anything about WIFAs.