You are viewing as a Guest.

Welcome to skatingforums - over 10 years of figure skating discussions for skaters, coaches, judges and parents!

Please register to be able to access all features of this message board.

Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER pair of skates for sale. Jackson Premiere 7 split width E/A  (Read 4779 times)

Offline DressmakingMomma

• Gamified Figure Skater!
  • Total GOE: 24
In my quest to save money, I've actually spent boatloads. We are going back to custom Harlicks because that seems to be the only boot that truly fits, which is why I should have ordered them in the first place. Sometimes I learn the hard way...

These are the newest model of the Premiere boot. Blades have been removed and are not included in the sale of the boots (had 9-3/4 gold seals mounted). They were heat molded a couple of times at the pro shop and have also had the ankles punched. She wore them for two months, we paid $460 to have them ordered in the split width with an E ball and an A heel. I have the original box. If you live in the Chicagoland area, I am happy to meet up at a rink so you can try them on.

I don't even know what to ask for them, so make an offer?

Offline FigureSpins

• CER-A, CER-C
  • Asynchronous Skating Team Leader
  • Total GOE: 188
Re: Yet ANOTHER pair of skates for sale. Jackson Premiere 7 split width E/A
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 05:22:43 PM »
Find out the lead time on custom skates before you make a final decision.  #doasisaynotasidid
"If you still look good after skating practice, you didn't work hard enough."

Year-Round Skating Discussions for Figure Skaters - www.skatingforums.com

Offline DressmakingMomma

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 07:49:20 PM »
I know their times are very long, we have decided the wait is worth it. They are relasting her old pair to get her by until the new pair comes in. She would rather be in too small Harlicks then the Jacksons that fit but hurt like h**l, she dislikes them that much.

Guess I'm not making a good case for a sale on the Jacksons, but some people seem to be really happy with them.

Offline _wonderland

• Under the Edge
  • Total GOE: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »
About what street shoe size is your daughter? I have a wide ball/narrow heel and have been looking at the Premiere for myself. So I may be interested if the length is right. :)

Offline DressmakingMomma

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
Depending on the shoe, she is usually a 7-1/2 to 8. Her feet measure about 9-5/8" from heel to toe and about 4" across at the ball, her heels are appx. 1-3/4" across under her ankle bone. She has very squared off toes and the rounded toe box felt comfortable for her. The heel squeezed around the bottom of her heel uncomfortably but at the same time didn't lock her in or feel tight enough at the achilles area. The ball was comfortable for her. We had them heat molded several times and the ankle bones are punched out.

Offline _wonderland

• Under the Edge
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »
Depending on the shoe, she is usually a 7-1/2 to 8. Her feet measure about 9-5/8" from heel to toe and about 4" across at the ball, her heels are appx. 1-3/4" across under her ankle bone. She has very squared off toes and the rounded toe box felt comfortable for her. The heel squeezed around the bottom of her heel uncomfortably but at the same time didn't lock her in or feel tight enough at the achilles area. The ball was comfortable for her. We had them heat molded several times and the ankle bones are punched out.

Between 7.5 and 8 is about right for me as well. Would you be able to send true-to-life size tracing of your daughters foot for me to match to? I feel like that might be the best way to determine if they will work. I'm very very interested. :)

Offline DressmakingMomma

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 03:47:28 PM »
Definitely. I will take lots of pictures, and I don't mind taking them back if they don't work for you, minus the cost of shipping. If you private message me your email address, I'll get that stuff emailed to you sometime this weekend.

Offline _wonderland

• Under the Edge
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 05:31:02 PM »
Definitely. I will take lots of pictures, and I don't mind taking them back if they don't work for you, minus the cost of shipping. If you private message me your email address, I'll get that stuff emailed to you sometime this weekend.

Great, check your PMs.  ;D